LEGO Harry Potter fans are about to get the most impressive set yet, when the LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Collector’s Edition launches on 31st August.
The LEGO Harry Potter collection is already home to some rather large, impressive sets. There’s the metre-long Diagon Alley, of course. And last year’s Hogwarts Icons Collector’s Edition. Not to mention the huge Hogwart’s Castle set. But there’s now a set to rival them all.
LEGO Harry Potter 76405 Hogwarts Express Collector’s Edition isn’t the biggest Harry Potter set in terms of pieces – that accolade still belongs to Hogwarts Castle. But it is the longest set, measuring 118cm long. And at 5,129 pieces, it’s hardly a slouch.
The set features the steam engine, the coal car, a passenger car and Platform 9 3/4. There’s a track display base for the train to sit on, too. The passenger car has light-up bricks, and the the train’s wheels can be activated with a turning lever.
The set comes with 20 minifigures, split into four collections. There are all the characters here you need to create four moments from four different Harry Potter movies. The minifigures included are:
- Movie 1: Hermione, Ron and Harry
- Movie 3: Hermione, Ron, Harry, Lupin and a dementor
- Movie 6: Luna, Malfoy and Harry
- Movie 8: An adult Harry and Ginny and their three children, Albus Severus, Lily Luna and James Sirius
- 2 Hogwarts students: Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff student
And here’s that key piece of information that you need to know: the price. LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Collector’s Edition will cost £429.99 / €499.99 / $449.99. It’ll be available from 31st August 2022.
LEGO Hogwarts Express Giveaway
To celebrate the release of the set, LEGO is hosting a unique giveaway. Open from today, the prize up for grabs is an overnight experience on a steam train rebranded as the LEGO Hogwarts Express, packed full of fun LEGO Harry Potter activities.
The full prize package includes:
- A ride and overnight stay for two adults and two children on the LEGO Hogwarts Express train in Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Dinner and breakfast in the Great Station Hall
- Overnight stay in the Hogwarts Express Common Room Carriage
- Harry Potter Movie screening
- Return travel to Yorkshire to join the train
- Plenty of LEGO Harry Potter sets to play with and the LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express set to take home
To enter, visit www.lego.com/hogwarts-express. The giveaway is open from today until 4th September. Good luck!