Since opening in 2016, LEGO’s Leicester Square branch has been a flagship for LEGO’s UK presence. It’s already the biggest LEGO store in the United KIngdom, but an upcoming makeover will see it become the biggest LEGO store in the world. That’s something for locals to get excited about.
Along with expanding its footprint, LEGO’s Leicester Square branch will also be the first in the UK to adopt LEGO’s new ‘retailtainment’ concept. The store will not only be a place for purchasing LEGO, it will also be somewhere to go to play with and experience the bricks, too.
New additions to the renovated LEGO Leicester Square store
Some of the new additions coming to the store are as follows:
- The Brick Lab: a world-first experience that immerses visitors in an “amazing virtual world”. Floors, ceilings and walls are brought to life with light and sound.
- LEGO Expressions: have fun with Minifigures who mimic your facial expressions!
- Tree of Discovery: A brand new brick-built centrepiece, made of 880,000 LEGO pieces. There’s a magical wonderland hidden inside the tree for visitors to explore through windows in the tree trunk.
- Storytelling Table: Go behind the scenes of the LEGO design process and learn about new LEGO sets. Designer interview videos will be played on screens alongside tabletop displays of the sets.
- Personalisation Studio: Visitors can make portraits in the Mosaic Maker or their own minifigure in the Minifigure Factory.
- Exclusive LEGO Models: New huge LEGO models will be displayed throughout the store, including a new ‘Stories from London’ theme.
Needless to say, then, there’s a lot to look forward to. Of course, existing staples will also be returning to LEGO Leicester Square, such as the Build a Minifigure Tower and the Pick a Brick Wall. Hands-on play opportunities will also be regularly hosted.
The relaunch of LEGO Leicester Square will happen this summer. An exact date has not been specified, but the store will close for renovations on 26th June. From 17th April, only the ground floor will be open.