Chronicle Books already has a range of LEGO-themed jigsaw puzzles available, and the company is looking to expand with a new 1,000 piece puzzle. The catch? The jigsaw might be designed by YOU, by way of the latest contest on the LEGO Ideas website.
LEGO is asking fans to submit their ideas for the next Chronicle Books puzzle. It of course needs to feature LEGO pieces in its design, and must fit one of four categories:
- Space & Astronomy (“out of this world, real or imagined!”)
- Nature Scenes (“nature at its most beautiful”)
- Retro (“anything older than 20 years or so”)
- Architecture (“modern, classic, ancient, futuristic?”)
According to Chronicle Books, the best entries will feature a clear theme, make use of patterns, have little to no empty space, include a variety of colours, and make a challenging puzzle for fans aged 9+.
Participants can enter with toy photography, a high quality photograph or rendering of a brick-built creation, or digital art.
And what’s the prize? Well, if a design ends up featuring on Chronicle Books’ next puzzle, the winner will get full credit, 10 copies of the finished puzzle, and 1% of net sales in a royalty payment.
A winner for each of the four categories will also be selected, winning the following:
- Goodies from Chronicle Books and LEGO Publishing
- 21322 LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay
- 21324 LEGO Ideas 123 Sesame Street
- 21325 LEGO Ideas Medieval Blacksmith
- 21326 LEGO Ideas Winnie The Pooh
Now that’s a good amount of swag. Fancy testing your design skills? The closing date to enter the contest is 20th July, so you’ve got just under three weeks to submit an entry.
Click here to see more information about the contest and to submit your entry.